Home and garden haven

🌿 Love your home & garden? You’re going to love what’s inside.
🛠️ From stunning landscaping ideas to cozy upgrades, unlock tips most people miss.
👉 Grab your free access now

Tuesday, October 14, 2025

Houseplant clinic: my ‘cactus’ is getting too tall for my room

It’s actually a euphorbia, and some careful pruning will solve your problem – and result in a more attractive plant

What’s the problem?
I’ve had this cactus for many years, but it keeps getting taller and soon it will hit the ceiling. How can I stop the plant growing without doing it harm?

Diagnosis
The plant in question isn’t a true cactus at all, but a succulent called Euphorbia trigona, also known as the African milk tree. Like many columnar euphorbias, it can shoot up rapidly indoors if it’s happy, often outgrowing its space. Luckily, the plant responds well to pruning if done carefully.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Stitch Alphabets & Numbers

I came across a post recently from Lord Libidan wondering about where all the good cross stitch alphabets have gone. While you can find lot...