survival farm

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Talk about giving a dog a bad name… | Brief letters

Troublesome pups | Sleep obsession | Breakfast pie | Letterboxes | Right to protest

Re dog names (The pet I’ll never forget, 8 May), I remember, some 30 years ago, a dog running down our village street, its owners in hot pursuit calling out its name: “Tiptoe! Tiptoe!” It didn’t.
Joy Webb
Penistone, South Yorkshire

• When we got a cairn terrier puppy, he had already been named Achilles. I could always spot English speakers in the park by their reaction to my urgent shouts as I tried to train him to walk just behind me.
Charles Osborne
Prague, the Czech Republic

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Mow May: councils urge Britons to put away lawnmowers

Forty local authorities will leave some grass verges and parks uncut as part of annual wildlife-friendly event Once upon a time, an unkempt ...