survival farm

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Treat yourself! 40 little luxuries for less than £20 to take the edge off

From a silk eye mask and a velvet cushion cover, to Belgian chocolate and bath salts … give yourself a ‘gee up’ in these difficult times with these little indulgences

As a teenager, I’d often come home from school on a Friday to find my favourite magazine or a new lip gloss on my bed. My mum called it a “gee-up” – a little treat to add cheer to the end of the week.

Fast-forward to 2023, and with the gloomy news cycle and a cost-of-living crisis, I’ve found myself buying my own mood boosters. A locally made peanut butter. An aesthetically pleasing mug. Soft cotton face cloths for taking makeup off like a pro. It turns out I’m not alone.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK’s garden centres hope sunshine and Chelsea flower show will help them rebound from the rain

A cold, damp spring depressed plant sales in the UK, but help is at hand from the ‘Glastonbury festival of the gardening world’ The sixth-we...