survival farm

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Superb exotics that don’t grow in the tropics

Dreaming of the flowers of the Costa Rican jungle? Take comfort, some of the most fantastic plants are far better suited to cooler climes.

In the long cold months of this winter, I have spent ages scrolling longingly through page after page of gloriously glossy images of tropical landscapes on various Instagram feeds.

Whether it’s rope bridges festooned in flowers in the Costa Rican jungle or my own videos of favourite adventures spent wandering through the lush and verdant greenery of Singapore, it’s my horticultural coping mechanism. It’s what I do when I have a desperate urge to see light and life around me.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK’s garden centres hope sunshine and Chelsea flower show will help them rebound from the rain

A cold, damp spring depressed plant sales in the UK, but help is at hand from the ‘Glastonbury festival of the gardening world’ The sixth-we...