survival farm

Friday, July 23, 2021

‘There’s a lot more out at night’: a beginner’s guide to spotlighting

In lockdown there are few things more thrilling than traipsing into the dark looking for animals – in Australia, at least

I was about 10 when I first locked eyes with a sugar glider. I caught its eyes shining through the fog that our breath sent wisping across the torchlight. I remember it being tiny, soft and, true to its name, the sweetest thing I’d ever seen.

My father remembers that ranger-led walk up Black Mountain on a Canberra winter evening a little differently: “I don’t think we saw anything.”

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK’s garden centres hope sunshine and Chelsea flower show will help them rebound from the rain

A cold, damp spring depressed plant sales in the UK, but help is at hand from the ‘Glastonbury festival of the gardening world’ The sixth-we...